Greetings ACUI Region 1 Conference Delegates!
We are so excited that you will be joining us this weekend for the conference! We wanted to provide some last minute reminders in order for you to be best prepared when you arrive! As always, please reference the conference website for the most up-to-date info.
What to bring:
- Hat and gloves! A portion of our Friday night entertainment will be outside. You won’t want to miss the Wesleyan student run Fire Spinning group, Prometheus!
- A shoulder bag / backpack to carry all the great information you will be collecting.
- Postcards or letterhead with your university logo for our Service Learning Project.
- Business Cards if you have them!
- Ed Session Presenters – if you plan on using your own MAC Laptop, please bring a VGA adapter if you have one. Also there is a computer in each conference room if you would prefer to bring your presentations on a flashdrive, or use dropbox, etc.
- Your 1nnov8ive ideas! We want to hear about what you are doing that is 1nnov8ive on your campuses. We will be collecting these during registration by recording and photographing your responses and posting them on our website.
Parking Information and Directions:
- Parking – Lot E is directly across from the Usdan Center. If this lot is full look for the Event Parking Signs or visit the Wesleyan Website for alternate parking lot locations.
- Directions to Wesleyan can be found here. GPS users, input the following address: 45 Wyllys Ave. Middletown, CT 06459.
- Conference Registration / Presenter Check in will be located on the 3rd floor of the Usdan Center, and will be open on Friday from 2-4:15pm, Saturday and Sunday from 8-10am
- There are quite a few opportunities to kickstart your conference experience at registration, so please take a look at the map of Friday’s registration to see what awaits!
Wireless Internet Access Information:
- You will be provided with a username and password at Registration. For more information on guest access at Wesleyan read here.
Conference App – Guidebook:
- We are very excited to be using Guidebook again this year to help disseminate the conference program information. If you are a smartphone or tablet user, please download the free “Guidebook” app. Once installed, search for “ACUI” and download the “2013 ACUI Region 1 Fall Conference” Guidebook! Browse and build your schedule, set reminders and to-do lists, look at maps, and share with others what you are most excited about! You will also be able to provide instant feedback after attending an education session and fill out the conference evaluation through this app as well.
- On Saturday from 9am – 5pm, 3rd floor of Usdan, be sure to stop and visit our vendors / sponsors. Lunch for a limited number of people will be available on Saturday at noon for those wishing to take this time to connect with vendors. Joining us are:
- HB Communications - looking for a digital signage product or to upgrade the audiovisual components of your Campus Center? Ask them how they can find a solution to your needs.
- SubItUp - Online employee scheduling and time clock software for automated, conflict-free scheduling of shifts and tracking of labor costs. Check out a demo of this amazing product!
- Darter Specialties – family owned and in business for over 20 years, if you have the logo, they have the promotion. All screening and digital printing of wearable’s is done on premises. Find out how they can help meet your deadlines and special needs.
- Kwikboost – stop by and charge your cell phone! Also don’t forget to bid on a customized cell phone charging station for your Campus Center in the Live Auction!
Live and Silent Auctions:
- Remember to bring your donations for the live and silent auctions!
- View the list of auction items and register your item(s), here. If you can do this ahead of time, it really helps us out! If you do not register in advance, our auction chairs will be available during Friday registration to assist with this process.
Saturday Night Awards Banquet:
One of the highlights of the weekend, the awards banquet, tends to be a bit more of a dressy occasion than the rest of our weekend events. Semi-formal attire is recommended, but please feel free to wear what is most comfortable for you. The banquet will be followed by the live auction, which is sure to be entertaining and exciting, as always!
See you this weekend at Wesleyan University! Travel safely!
The 2013 ACUI Region 1 Conference Program Team